back lake on Flickr.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/65552778360 October 31, 2013 at 07:27AM
Smart TVs are dumb, and so are we | ZDNet  http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/65633223368 November 01, 2013 at 05:52AM
Bicycle Touring in Finland on Flickr.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/65642613310 November 01, 2013 at 07:54AM
Grandpa’s old farm is for sale again. It is now reconstituted into the old Lightwood station which was split into three parts for the solider settler farms. I think they are asking $1.6M for the lot. The description of the old house is: 
2. Lightwood Home
An attractive partially brick partially weatherboard period home built in early 1900’s and maintained to a very comfortable level. Three (3) bedrooms plus passage way and large lounge/living area. An older style kitchen in good order. This well maintained home has many features of the era in which it was built. Pine ceilings, some leadlight and an ornate tin ceiling are special features. A built in verandah supplies further bedroom accommodation.
Sited in an elevated portion overlooking the Murray River this older style home is set among huge mature trees and established shrubbery of a cottage garden theme. The home would seem ideal to refurbish and readily bring back to the Victorian era. A good galvanised garage/workshop adjoins the home.
Working improvements adjacent to Lightwood home include excellent all steel machinery shed, disused dairy and modest steel cattle yards. Water is supplied by way of rainwater to home and unlimited spring/bore water to the surrounds.
Some old family photos:
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/65649256620 November 01, 2013 at 09:25AM
6 months ago we had 8 chooks. Now we have none.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/65836383301 November 03, 2013 at 10:01AM
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/65882198557 November 03, 2013 at 10:13PM
A solitary balloon lifting off from Monbulk.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/65918530890 November 04, 2013 at 05:34AM
Every whisper…
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/65919045557 November 04, 2013 at 05:39AM
The electricity god tripped the breaker in a sign to use less electricity.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66003346545 November 05, 2013 at 02:32AM
Sadly my alarm clock does not have a public holiday mode.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66009384011 November 05, 2013 at 04:02AM
Bought a new kettle. Made an offering to the kettle god of the first boiling.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66017002269 November 05, 2013 at 05:45AM
The really good thing about being in Melbourne on Melbourne Cup Day is that you get to avoid having anything to do with the race.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66018214259 November 05, 2013 at 06:00AM
Breaking gently to avoid a line of tourists crossing the road who looked decidedly like a line of ducks.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66081860611 November 05, 2013 at 08:22PM
BMD-6: still trying to prove purchase to allow the transfer of the phone line into my name. Being stymied by a full email box.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66128872009 November 06, 2013 at 08:44AM
Kookaburra sits on the electric wire, kookaburra has his pants on fire…
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66133189415 November 06, 2013 at 09:32AM
Had to stop for an echidna crossing the road. It stopped a few times. Curled up into a ball when frightened and was very slow. The council should add echidnas to the wombat warning.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66165097527 November 06, 2013 at 03:40PM
BMD-6: phone activation at the new house sorted and is scheduled for the correct day.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66167659852 November 06, 2013 at 04:24PM
Exclusive: EU antitrust chief to levy record fines on Libor banks – industry source  http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66192835638 November 07, 2013 at 02:30AM
Beware of #infalliblePredicitions
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66206621020 November 07, 2013 at 05:51AM
Marulan South on Flickr.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66215075596 November 07, 2013 at 07:28AM
Annual fire drill:
1. Collective sigh at announcement.
2. Some people leave immediately via lifts.
3. Enter fire stair, joining those from higher up. Walking on the outside. No hand rail.
4. Level 24: single file now.
5. Level 17: tiring. Using the hand rail. Having trouble taking the first step or each flight.
6. Level 14: sudden blast of air.
7. Level 10: Walking more steadily now.
8. Ground: easy to he lost here.
9. Lane way: feeling dizzy from walking in circles.
10. Lonsdale Street: bringing my jacket was a mistake. Some disappearing the other way or into cafés.
11: at the meeting point. Now the wait.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66257165621 November 07, 2013 at 03:32PM
Antony Green’s Election Blog: What’s Going On With The WA Senate Count:
Possibly why the bad abbot has gone missing. I’m hoping for a new election.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66300070481 November 08, 2013 at 06:03AM
water on Flickr.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66308074172 November 08, 2013 at 07:34AM
Settlement is settled and now the house is ours.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66326449472 November 08, 2013 at 10:58AM
Sadly on Tuesday there is a 70% chance of 3-10 mm of rain. What I don’t get is does that mean there is a 30% chance no rain or maybe of 0-3 mm or perhaps of say lots more than 10 mm.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66349394593 November 08, 2013 at 03:40PM
Dear Weather, I’m sure I ticked the box that said, No rain in the coming week. #disappointment
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66394123577 November 09, 2013 at 06:18AM
The girls spent their first evening at the new house playing in the garden. It is magical for them. Ant they found their first cicada skin in the ropes from the old swing.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66593643787 November 11, 2013 at 05:06AM
BMD day is today. So far my first attempt at getting up failed.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66695431518 November 12, 2013 at 04:48AM
Teresa is naming the paths in the garden. The main left path is now the bluey way.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66771332553 November 12, 2013 at 09:44PM
New dolphin species spotted swimming off Australian coast  http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66794514039 November 13, 2013 at 04:50AM
Utopia seeks change for Aboriginal Australians  http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66794904018 November 13, 2013 at 04:55AM
We have moved down about 215 meters.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/66803560726 November 13, 2013 at 06:44AM
On visiting the rabbit hutch: one less guinea pig, six more rabbits.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67103683263 November 16, 2013 at 10:45AM
Apparently dusty only howls on a Friday & Saturday night. Maybe she is a party dog.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67170598191 November 17, 2013 at 04:23AM
BM: phone line transferred smoothly. Internet still refusing to transfer over. We have had no internet for a week. Have to wait for Monday to get a the complicated things fixit team onto the case.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67171778319 November 17, 2013 at 04:37AM
BM: still no internet. Hopefully the third transfer attempt will work. It is booked in for Friday morning.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67292445536 November 18, 2013 at 06:50AM
The joys of being able to just pop out into the back yard and pick some mint and fresh lemons. 🙂
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67349331940 November 18, 2013 at 05:11PM
The oven is over 30 years old & the main one is pretty much stuck with off or 300 degrees. Should we fix it or replace it?
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67371863534 November 19, 2013 at 01:59AM
The Most Bike Friendly Cities in the World | CycleStyle Australia – Stylish clothing and accessories for the urban cyclist  http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67542690871 November 20, 2013 at 04:20PM
Waiting for a truck to arrive. It is already 7 minutes late…
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67592683180 November 21, 2013 at 07:37AM
School should start an hour later on Fridays.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67682153309 November 22, 2013 at 06:19AM
That sad point in a holiday when one switches the alarms from holiday alarms to work day alarms.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67865460843 November 24, 2013 at 04:14AM
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/67962597154 November 25, 2013 at 02:17AM
Got this bit of paper this morning saying that in January my trip to and from work will take an extra 45 minutes in each direction. 
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68094868641 November 26, 2013 at 07:25AM
rotunda on Flickr.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68098705544 November 26, 2013 at 08:03AM
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68174443440 November 27, 2013 at 03:29AM
Day1: was at the first roundabout when the bus left. Day 2: was halfway to the second roundabout when the bus left. Day 3: caught the bus.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68183547735 November 27, 2013 at 05:24AM
I missed the national walk to work day on 8 November, which is probably lucky as according to Google Maps it would take me 9 hours and 26 minutes to walk to work…
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68222209701 November 27, 2013 at 12:22PM
Clearly I need to remember to take my distance glasses rather than the multifocals to auditoriums.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68242931752 November 27, 2013 at 04:35PM
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68264014489 November 28, 2013 at 12:59AM
Pedestrian Foot Bridge on Flickr.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68297962657 November 28, 2013 at 07:35AM
Tooma Overflow Channel on Flickr.
http://yewenyi.tumblr.com/post/68400800652 November 29, 2013 at 07:56AM

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *